Do you like working with kids & teens? Do you get a huge grin on your face when they “get it”? Are you passionate in game development or have a knack in computers? Looking for a fun and engaging way to pass your wisdom on to kids? Find your perfect part-time position with us while doing what you love! We want to meet you!
Interested in a pursuing a career with us? See below for any positions that are currently open.
Position Title: Instructor (Part-time)
Location: Kitsilano, North Vancouver, Coquitlam, Burnaby, Aberdeen Square (Richmond)
Instructors at Under the GUI are responsible for teaching students the core concepts of computer programming, and ensuring that they are being challenged during the learning process. They are also responsible for the provision of a fun and engaging environment that fosters creativity and critical thinking skills. Curriculum and training will be provided to instructors.
Classes take place on Saturday/Sunday during the day. Instructors should be available for at least one semester (=5 months) to teach one (or both) of these days.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teaches students in learning the fundamentals of computer programming
- Manages classrooms of up to 6 students and ensures fairness and equal opportunities of all students
- Supports, encourages, and inspires students to further their creativity and critical thinking skills
- Follows and enhances the existing curriculum at Under the GUI
- Prepares progress reports of the students for parents to assess twice per semester
- Provides and ensures a fun, interactive, and engaging environment for students to thrive in during the learning process
- Previous experience with Unity, PixelPAD.io, Game Maker and/or other game development kits
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of computer programming and related concepts
- Ability to convey complicated code in a simple manner for children to understand
- Previous teaching/tutoring experience is preferred
- Holder of, or working towards, a bachelor’s degree in computer programming, computer science, computer engineering or technology related field is preferred
- Sector Vulnerability Check required under your municipality