Calling all young saaaavy tech lovers, challengers, animators or programmers! We want you!
Do you need to volunteer hours for high school graduation? Are you interested in gaining experience in working with children or tech?
Under the GUI is calling for student volunteers aged 13+ for this fun, safe and friendly environment to learn and grow into young capable adults. Mentor younger kids, apply your knowledge/skills and become a role model!
Roles & Responsibilities
You will be working closely with camp staff and instructors to ensure the overall safety and satisfaction of campers over the one-week camps.
Volunteer duties may include:
- Welcoming students and parents/guardians each day
- Assisting the instructor and campers during the camp
- Escorting campers to and from each activity
- Participating in planning, implementing and leading fun and easy to follow outdoor activities
- Assisting with set-up and tear-down of each camp
- Ensuring the safety of each camper and preventing physical and verbal abuse
- Working with individual campers who need extra support and attention
- Supervising campers during breaks, before and after camp hours
There are so many reasons to volunteer during the summer. Not only is it a fun and safe way to meet new friends, gain new experience and develop social skills, you can also learn about tech topics that you’ve never been exposed to before!
Other benefits include:
- Gain practical experience in a fun, safe and friendly environment
- Gain valuable leadership training and skills building
- Act as role models to campers and acquire skills and development from workshops
- Spend a meaningful summer learning various tech topics learning different responsibilities
- Complete mandatory volunteer hours for high school
How do I Apply?
- Complete the Summer Camp Volunteer Application Form below
- Submit a resume to Milly Cheung, Outreach Director (instructions in Application Form)
- Attend a mandatory orientation and training session (detailed in the Application Form)
Click to open the Under the GUI Summer Camps Volunteer Application Form below:
We are accepting ongoing applications until Friday, June 23, 2017.
Thank you for your interest and best of luck!