Week 2 – July 9th – 13th, 2018
Week 5 – July 30th – August 3rd, 2018
9:00 AM – 3:30 PM
Students in this camp will be working with Python to understand computer algorithms and computer programming basics. This is an introduction to computer programming concepts, designs, and implementations through learning how to create games by scripting themselves! At the end of this camp, students will have created their own versions of their favorite games that they can share with their friends and family. Additionally, they will have built the foundations to understand computer programming principles and logic.
- Ages 5 – 14 (separated into age groups)
- Maximum 10 campers per age group; maximum 30 campers per camp
- Small camper-to-instructor ratio
- PixelPAD.io account
- Individual laptops provided
- Online published game at the end of the camp
- T-shirts & Camp Certificates
What Campers will Learn:
- Understand and describe the purpose of a variable, including giving examples
- Create and organize unique objects
- Make objects move in different ways
- Track and understand collision between objects
- Track new types of variables and use them in simple conditional statements
- Simulate complex physics using more advanced mathematics
- Implement and understand the use for randomly generated numbers
What is PixePAD?
Take your kids beyond scratch with PixelPAD and learn modern programming languages. The PixelPAD platform uses a highly visual, interactive and game-like interface as its main vehicle to ensure that students stay engaged and enjoy coding in Python.
PixelPAD allows campers to tinker with their projects at home and share with friends and family!
Bring Your Games to Life